Mississippi Real Estate License Requirements
Learn about the Mississippi real estate education needs for licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Mississippi Real Estate Commission (MREC)
Mississippi Real Estate Licesne Requirements:
- Mississippi real estate salesperson license: 60 hours
- Mississippi real estate broker license: 120 hours
Mississippi State Reciprocity:
Any real estate licensee of another state who desires to obtain a license in Mississippi is exempt from the examination as long as the Commission feels the exam is equivalent to Mississippi’s and that state extends this same privilege or exemption to Mississippi real estate licensees.
Mississippi Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Mississippi must renew their real estate licenses every two years from the date their licenses are issued
- The real estate CE that must be completed by this date includes 16 hours of real estate classes
- Of those 16 hours, 8 hours may be electives and 8 hours must be core courses, including 2 hours of Mississippi real estate license law, 2 hours of contract law and 4 hours of agency law